Under the Tree
Tsvetkova Margarita / Russia
Describe a marginalized person you choose.
Age 10-18 years old
The person’s major condition you are trying to deal with.
1. Feelings of hopelessness
2. Lack of understanding, inability to express their feelings
3. Desire to escape for a while
Describe the design intent for the chosen person.
1. 15 concrete piles arranged around an apple tree
2. Installation has no fencing, wood is used as a support when lifting
3. Depending on the mood, a teenager can sit under a tree, or climb on it
4. Installation can be placed in any courtyard of a residential building
The installation was made for teenagers from dysfunctional families , they are less cared for, they are lonely and confused in their feelings. Here they can think about their lives, here they can run away from problems, and heal their soul. Gradually rising up, step by step, they come to the top to turn to their soul. Naked gray columns appear as a symbol of the broken soul of a teenagers, sitting on top of them, under a flowering tree they understand that they are not alone, that if there is something so beautiful in life, then it is worth living. Human is connected with nature. In psychology, the tree is often synonymous with personality. By observing a tree a persons can understand more about themselves and their soul. Traveling inward they will find answers to questions. Places where I plan to install are disadvantaged areas where teens are left to themselves. I chose the apple tree as the center of the composition , because I watched a flowering tree next to a playground, in one of these areas, I saw that it was more interesting for teenagers than modern swings and slides. Their soul was drawn to him.